Tuesday 21 May 2013

"I dont Regret my past" Waje Speaks on Single parenthood..



One of the best Vocalists to come out of Nigeria and Africa Waje( Real names Aituaje Iruobe) recently opened up on her journey through single Parenthood..

Excerpts below:

Aituaje Iruobe better known as Waje in the entertainment industry, has said that she has no regret having a child out of wedlock.

Waje said this during an interview where she spoke about her music career, journey to fame, and how she felt being a single mother.

Her words,”When people ask the question how you feel as a single mother, I don’t get it because, regardless of the circumstances, a child is a blessing from God. Whether the father is there or not, a child is a huge blessing from God. So, when people ask how I feel as a single mother, I don’t understand. Do they expect me to regret being a single mother?

“I don’t regret my past. If you see my daughter, you know I have no regrets. This is the picture of my daughter(she scrolls through her phone to the point where her daughter is). Is she not worthy to be called my daughter? In fact, if you have this type of daughter, you would feel so fantastic to be a single mother,” she gushed.

More when you continue..



Speaking on her self titled album,“Words Aren’t Just Enough”, “Waje”, she said,”It is my world. All I’ve done is try to tell people what has happened in my life, the challenges I’ve faced, my high and low times. So, in other to make it interesting, I just added some melody to those stories. That’s where I got the acronym, Waje from ,which means, “Words aren’t just enough”. And I think for my first album, it would be great to have it as the title.

“The album talks about love, fun, caution, some level of things. And you know, there are different aspects of it, heartbreak, all these are the things that I go through in my head. It is either my experience or other people’s experience. Just that the album is a way of welcoming you to my own school of thought and how I do my own things,” she intoned.

On her growing up, she simply said,”My growing up was fun. I am the first child and the first daughter in my family. I was a tom boy as a child. I was born with a plastic spoon, nothing like silver spoon. My parents got divorced when I was young. So, I had a few challenges just like any other growing child. I had issues of youthful exuberance and my mother working so hard to provide for her kids. These were some of the challenges I faced as a child.



Credits:
Nfc.com

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have paid much attention to her as an artist...but I guess she has come of age in the industry. And yeah, never be ashamed of your past.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated.Thanks for Stopping by!

Need To contact me?
Email: shalliespurplebeehiveads@gmail.com

Twitter: @shalliebee