Friday 29 August 2014

"Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay should be scared of me" I Influenced Majority of the female artists - May7ven


May7ven is Veteran footballer Segun Odegbami's daughter who has embraced music fully.

 She recently  opened up in an interview with NETng that she  is the pioneer and pathfinder for new school female pop divas.

 May7ven says she’s not scared of the competition at all. ‘I never see it as a competition’ she explains. ‘I know when I started, I know why a lot of females are now here.

 The likes of Seyi Shay and Tiwa Savage were all with me in London when I did ‘Bo Aso Lara mi’, so I influenced majority of them to be doing what they are doing now. 

                                        

There always has to be a leader, someone who starts and creates things, and that’s how I see myself already. So the style I’m doing now, I guarantee you in another two years you’ll find another set of Tiwa Savage doing what I’m doing. I’ve always been an innovator and you can interview any of them, they’ll tell you the same thing so they maybe threatened that I’m around and not the other way round’. It’ll interest you to know that May7ven once managed Tiwa Savage many years back in the UK. 

                                         

‘Yea, we grew up together. She was in my younger sister’s class, I’m a year older than both of them and there was this competition we were part of, I was 12 years old at the time, and I managed the group and sang with them as well, we were five girls in the group and we came out joint winners with a male group. 

I managed the group till we were about 16. I have everything on film and one day I’ll possibly leak the videos (laughs), but I remember Tiwa was always singing, out of all of us, she sang the most while I was more focused on singing and dancing at the same time, she’s always been passionate about music’ she said. 


Speaking on her relationship with Tiwa savage at the moment, May7ven said, ‘We still talk, when I’m in town I call her, when she’s in London they come to see me. We are not tight as in calling ourselves every day, the music business we are in doesn’t allow us to do that, but we are still cool, I’m her older sister’.... 



2 comments:

  1. Anty older sister, who sabi u sef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol..I havent really heard any of her songs either..

      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated.Thanks for Stopping by!

Need To contact me?
Email: shalliespurplebeehiveads@gmail.com

Twitter: @shalliebee