Saturday 21 November 2015

So Touching!! Alariwo of Africa reveals health challenges of his wife and his battle with Varicocele!


Its amazing what people are going though  and what battles  they may be fighting! Alariwo has been off the entertainment scene for a while after  being at the top of his game in the Nigerian music industry at one tine..,its now been revealed that  he had health issues he was dealing with.

Cross over King Alariwo of Africa recently revealed to Punch his battle with Varicocele an ailment that has to deal with the scrotum.  

 Varicocele an abnormal enlargement of the pampiniform venous plexus in the scrotum and also the need to still cater to his wife who  is also down with a medical condition.
    
When  he spoke  with Punch recently he said that while it was true that he had an issues with his health, it was not as critical as the reports, which were mostly published online, implied.

He said, “People have been speculating about my health lately. Some reports even said I was bedridden. This is not true. I was not bedridden and I have never been. But it is true that I am about to undergo surgery.


“I am still trying to find the right place to have it done. I have to choose either India, Germany, Israel, England or America. I have been taking some drugs to slow down the pain in my scrotum until I am ready to undergo surgery. All I just need is enough funds to travel abroad and treat it.”


The singer, who was looking as spritely as ever, said he had had a very rough time coping with his own condition and taking care of his sick wife, who recently came down with a medical condition known as acute pulmonary embolism and was admitted in a Lagos hospital.



“I have been going through a lot, these past weeks. My wife has been in the hospital for over one month. She has been down with acute pulmonary embolism. It has been very tough, but God has taken control. The doctors at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital said only a few people could survive the ailment. I am happy that she is one of them.


“But her treatment has cost me quite a lot of money. I spent an average of N54,000 everyday for about 19 days. Apart from this, I was buying a drug called Clexin at N37,000 for her every week.


“She received a total of about 96 injections altogether on her shoulder during the period that she was undergoing treatment. And all that while, I didn’t leave her bedside. I was with her in the hospital,” Alariwo said.


Before his wife’s case came up, the singer added, he had planned to raise funds and travel abroad for his own treatment. But, faced with a bigger challenge, he had to sell his car in order to pay her medical bills.


Nevertheless, Alariwo expressed gratitude to those who came to his aid in his moments of need. “Before now, I didn’t want to talk about my health or my wife’s illness or the challenges I have faced these past weeks. I had decided not to make my problems known to the public for some reasons. I guess the details were leaked through one or two friends of mine that I whispered to and they were blown
out of proportion online. I never made a public appeal for funds nor called a press conference for that purpose.

“But it is when you find yourself in a situation like this that you know those that are your true friends. A lot of people were kind enough to provide support during the crisis. I am talking about people like Ayo Animashaun, Otunba Sesan Rufai and many others,” he said.

The singer was full of praises for popular stand-up comedian, Julius Agwu, who phoned a few days ago to surprise him with a donation of $35,000. “Julius is the only entertainer that has volunteered to donate the sum of $35,000 to my cause. I was shocked when he called to say he would give me the money. Now what I should be looking for is the balance. I want to thank him for this wonderful gesture,” he said.

Other friends and colleagues of the Crossover king, such as Agatha Amata and Dayo Adeneye, have also expressed their desire to support his quest for additional funding.

Alariwo still needs to raise some funds for his planned medical trip abroad. He needs about $130,000 for his own treatment and for what is left of his wife’s bills. Meanwhile, his wife is said to be getting better and responding to treatment.

Prayers for Alariwo and his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated.Thanks for Stopping by!

Need To contact me?
Email: shalliespurplebeehiveads@gmail.com

Twitter: @shalliebee